Regarding EMT test preparation, you must first prepare mentally, then physically. Then, you must attend all necessary classroom courses, and conduct your own research if necessary. If a concept or information is confusing, be sure to contact your course administer for clarification. It is vital to comprehend all of the information not only for the tests, but also because lives may potentially be in your hands someday.
Once you feel confident in your EMT test preparation, you then need to be ready physically.
- Get plenty of rest the night before the exam and eat a protein-rich breakfast in the morning.
- Consider skipping coffee, as it might cause anxiety.
- Know the exact location of the testing center.
- Drive the route the day before if necessary, as you do not want to miss the exam due to poor directions.
- Use the restroom before the beginning of the test, There will be limited opportunities to do so once the exam starts.
- Remind yourself to stay calm and breathe.
Proper EMT test preparation also requires that you grasp an understanding of how the test questions are constructed. You will be given 4 possible answer choices during all EMT tests. If you have a thorough understanding of the coursework, more than likely you will be able to eliminate 2 answer choices right away. Then, examine the 2 remaining choices, and pick the best choice. Do not over-think the questions, as most of them should be rather straight forward.