Preparing for either the EMT, Advanced EMT or the Paramedic tests can be done in the class room or at home if you have a computer and access to the Web. Online EMT tests are readily available and they can even be tailored to your specific learning needs.
For example, if you are struggling with cardiology terminology, you may take a practice test online that is heavily focused on cardiology. Many online testing companies will allow you to construct your own test according to your testing strengths and, more importantly, your testing weaknesses.To some, online EMT tests are a vital study tool, allowing an EMT candidate to grasp a more thorough understanding of concepts and emergency medical practices. Most online testing companies are able to give instant feedback via computerized grading.
Although all online EMT testing companies will offer different testing methods, most will have the questions broken down into these categories:
- Airway and Breathing
- Obstetrics and Pediatrics
You may also be able to take a completely randomized online exam. However, scoring results are typically associated with one of the above categories.
Before you choose a website at which to take your online EMT practice tests, be sure to conduct some thorough research.
- Read testimonials from multiple satisfied customers.
- Make sure the test purchase is within your budget and payment is through a secured and encrypted transaction. Online EMT practice tests should range in price from $39 to just under $100, depending on how many exams you decide to purchase.
- Ask your EMT course instructor to recommend a reputable online testing company.
- Be sure the tests conclude with a detailed report of your testing results. Some companies will allow you to take their tests, or at least have access to their site, until you have successfully passed every level of EMT testing.